- Turn off the gas supply immediately at the meter control valve or emergency control valve. Look near the meter or where the gas supply enters the building. For LPG turn off the bottles or for bulk tanks locate the valve on the outside of the building near where the pipe enters.
- Extinguish all sources of ignition
- Do not smoke
- Do not operate electric light or power switches (ON or OFF) as the small spark inside the switch may be enough to ignite the gas.
- Ventilate the building by opening doors and windows
- Ensure access to the premises can be made
- Call 0800 111 999 to report the escape to the National Gas Emergency Service
- Call us 01239 613423 – we will always respond as quickly as possible to gas emergencies, and you will need a Gas Safe engineer to fix the leak and reinstate your supply.
3 thoughts on “What should I do if I find a Gas leak?”
This is actually useful, thanks.
It’s our pleasure.